Our nutrition expert George gave me a recipe a few years ago for these scrumptious Chocolate Chai Coconut Protein Bars. One of my favourite things about this recipes, is that it’s super flexible and you can swap things like the nuts to suit what you have in your pantry at the time.
Whatever nuts you end up using, you’ll go nuts for these. They are my favourite chocolate protein bar!
High in good fats and protein, these babies are perfect kicking those sugar cravings to the curb. Oh, and they’re are a billion times better than reaching for a chocolate bar at 3pm.
Just look at that chocolate-y goodness. What really makes this recipe special is the chai tea bags – they give that little something to what would be just another chocolate protein bar.
If you want to reduce the calories / fats a little, just leave off the chocolate topping. They are just as yummy plain. You can also roll them into balls and coat in coconut or raw cacao powder instead.
We use these in the Nourish phase of the program. Just proves that clean eating and getting results doesn’t have to taste blerghhhh! 😉
- 100g macadamias
- 100g almonds
- 50g hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 80g Complete Dutch Chocolate
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 chai tea bags (empty out the tea leaves)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate topping
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil or raw cacao butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Use a food processor or blender to chop up nuts keeping a few chunks; then mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Use water at 1-2 tbsp at a time until it can be pressed together between your fingers. (Not too runny as you won’t be able to make bars bind together).
- Press firmly into plastic wrap lined dish. set aside in fridge.
- To make the chocolate topping – melt coconut oil or raw cacao butter, then stir in raw cacao and stevia.
- Pour over top and spread to edges. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut whilst still liquid.
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Slice into squares or bars. Enjoy!
For those counting those macros: 185 calories, 7g protein, 3g carbs, 17g fats, 1g sugar, 2g fibre (per bar with chocolate topping) per bar when cut into 16.